12.28.2009

You Had Me At "Turquoise Ostrich"



Thanks Santa!!

Santa delivered lots of fun new books this year. While perusing Style and Substance, I noticed a kitchen on page 118, that I fell in love with. It belonged to Delphine and Reed Krakoff and was published in Elle Decor back in September '06. I had to see more of the house this kitchen belonged to!! When I moved to LA from NYC three years ago, I threw out a bunch of old magazines (even the first Domino!) that I could kick myself for, including this issue. Luckily, Ms. Delphine has a web site for her design firm, Pamplemousee Inc., with images. The rest of the house is just as fab. I also learned that the family put this house on the market a few years ago (thanks real estalker!) for  a cool 12 million.......worth every penny if you ask me!

The chairs are what got me. I want to do faux ostrich cushions on Elkins chairs in that color for my Dining Room!! So inspired.











Great color combo if you are doing a nursery and not finding out the sex...




All images (except my books!) belong to pamplemousse design inc...

2 comments:

~Grace Happens~ said...

wow that nursery just made my heart skip a beat! definitely going in my inspiration folder. thanks so much for sharing and happy holidays!

Dreams of Perfection said...

Wow!! That first image w/ the table and chairs makes me think of puppy love. So right for right now. How lovely the chair fabric and the rug play together. I love the nursery too. The colors are so exciting to my eyes. They thank you.